PLEASANTON, Calif., and VIENNA, Austria, Nov. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WORKDAY RISING EUROPE -- Workday, Inc. (NASDAQ: WDAY), a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources, today announced continued momentum across EMEA with large and medium enterprises from a variety of industries joining the Workday customer community. With Workday’s suite of applications – including Workday Financial Management and Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) – these enterprises will be able to simplify their operations in the cloud and uncover real-time financial and workforce insights to continue successfully growing their businesses.
The organisations that have recently selected Workday include:
- Cloetta, headquartered in Sweden, is a leading confectionery company with more than 2,500 employees in 11 countries. Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 countries around the world.
- The John Lewis Partnership, headquartered in the UK, owns and operates two of Britain's best-loved retail brands – John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners. Started as a radical idea nearly a century ago, the Partnership is now the largest employee-owned business in the UK, with 83,000 employees who are all Partners in the business and share in its profits.
- Lyreco, headquartered in France, ranks amongst the largest worldwide distributors of workplace supplies, with 9,000 employees in 42 countries around the world.
- RELX Group, headquartered in the UK, is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The group has offices in about 40 countries and employs about 30,000 people.
- Tacton Systems AB, headquartered in Sweden, is a global leader in configure price quote solutions (CPQ) for the manufacturing industry with six offices around the world.
- Transavia, headquartered in the Netherlands, is a Dutch budget airline that was established in 1965. Transavia has had the pleasure of taking passengers to the most beautiful business and holiday destinations in Europe for over 50 years. Transavia is part of the AIR FRANCE KLM Group, the largest aviation group in Europe.
- Umanis, headquartered in France, is a French leader in data-oriented business solutions, with close to 3,000 employees gathered around strong values.
Additionally, with Workday these organisations will be able to:
- Move from multiple disparate systems to one system across the organisation, with access to both financial and people data in one place, providing HR, financial, and operational leaders with the most up-to-date metrics on the business.
- Streamline and standardise operations and processes to free up time for staff to focus on strategic activities and initiatives.
- Gain greater visibility and insights into their workforce for quicker, data-driven decision making.
- Empower employees with greater mobile capabilities using a simple, intuitive interface, giving them the ability to access information and take action from anywhere and at any time.
Comments on the News
“Market-leading enterprises across Europe are choosing Workday to help them transform and simplify their operations, laying the foundations of businesses focused on the future,” said Gonzalo Benedit, president, EMEA and APJ, Workday. “We are helping customers remove complexity, so they can make faster, more informed decisions that help them keep pace with rapid business change.”
“As a consumer goods business with access to more than 50 markets, it’s crucial that Cloetta’s systems and processes reflect the global nature of our organisation, and empower our employees and managers with one, standardised way of working,” said Regina Ekström, senior vice president, Cloetta. “We’re confident that, with Workday, we have a partner that will help us improve the efficiency of our HR operations today and meet our needs as we continue to grow.”
“Workday will help us to make more-informed, data-driven decisions when it comes to our people,” said Mary Parker, senior vice president, global human resources systems and shared services, RELX Group. “With greater visibility of our global workforce, we will be able to make better choices about the future of our business, while also automating and digitising a lot of internal processes. It gives us a platform to make people management smarter and easier.”
“Workday provides a platform for Tacton's continued rapid international growth,” said Fredrik Cronqvist, chief financial officer, Tacton Systems AB. “With Workday, we will automate and digitise business processes within the company and become more data-driven in all aspects of our operations.”
“In a highly competitive market where talent is the key to success, we decided to strengthen our HR policy to recruit and retain employees who can make a difference,” said Eve Royer, human resources director, Umanis. “We chose Workday, a future-proof system, to offer all our employees efficient, innovative, and accessible HR services, wherever they are. By making them more autonomous, we will make them owners of their own HR processes, which fits perfectly with our values of empowerment for everyone.”
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organisations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
© 2018. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialise or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2018 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website, or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features, and functions that are currently available.
© 2018. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+44 (0)7966 975966