PLEASANTON, CA and BARCELONA, SPAIN--(Marketwired - Nov 15, 2017) - WORKDAY RISING EUROPE -- Workday, Inc. (
With the new people experience, workplace connections, tools for growth, and development opportunities will come together in a way that thoughtfully aligns with each stage of the employee journey to deliver personalized information and actions to an individual as it is needed. For example, employee-specific details pertaining to benefits, stock options, job tasks, IT requests, and more will be surfaced in a personal Workday home page for easy navigation and simplified task execution that can enable the following:
- An employee preparing for benefits enrollment or a leave of absence could proactively receive guidance including deadline notifications, helpful FAQs, and required documentation.
- A newly-promoted sales manager could receive recommended content for leadership training; a set of onboarding tasks that direct her to set up sales targets, enter forecasts, and review the pipeline in a CRM system; and a snapshot of her team members -- including their roles, birthdays, and work anniversaries -- to help her get to know them.
Progressing Beyond the HR Portal
People working across separate applications, websites, and systems to conduct workplace tasks often struggle to find answers to basic questions and information when they need it most. To address this challenge, some companies aggregate and promote content, applications, and services with an HR portal. But even the most advanced HR portals are clunky, tough to navigate, and tethered to a desktop or laptop environment -- creating more frustration and friction than ease, and lacking the full context of the person using it. Workday will simplify this heterogeneous environment with a single, cohesive experience for employees that is accessible via mobile devices and underpinned by the rich context and people data within their core people management system -- Workday HCM. With a truly connected, personalized experience, Workday will be able to intelligently deliver the content, support, and guidance people need during critical moments throughout their employee journey.
With Workday's new features and functionality, customers will benefit from:
- Personalized Content - Information and content will be proactively pushed to employees through simple card visualizations and in a personalized feed, delivering content specific to key moments in a person's workplace journey, such as onboarding, job transitions, and life events.
- Integrations for Non-Workday Applications - Workday will provide integrations for key third-party services providers and applications most used by employees, as well as an extensible set of APIs to develop custom integrations. For instance, companies offering stock and retirement plans could use a Workday-delivered integration to give employees easy, direct access to their financial services provider's website.
- Advanced Search - Built-in, advanced search capabilities will enable policies and documents to be full-text searched. For example, a sales executive preparing for a new business pitch could search for and find the team's shared competitive intelligence documents right from his Workday home page -- even if they are stored in a separate, web-based word processing program.
- Extensions to Natural Workspaces - Workday's intuitive user experience will extend to employees' external applications and tools they use to collaborate, chat, and drive productivity. For instance, after a project presentation, a manager's anytime feedback given in Workday could surface in the instant messaging stream of the tool the team used to manage the project.
- Personalization Capabilities - Workday Designer, a web design tool that enables customers to personalize their Workday experience without requiring coding, will help create a differentiated, branded experience for employees. For example, adding imagery and logos and using similar brand colors would give employees a familiar experience while making the corporate brand more extensible.
Comments on the News
"Today's HR leaders accept that they must employ a network of solutions to fully support and enable their people, but will no longer settle for a subpar, disconnected portal that adds complexity and friction to the employee experience," said Cristina Goldt, vice president, HCM products, Workday. "Workday will fill the gap where HR portals have failed -- alleviating the frustration that people endure when having to move between various tools and resources. With the power of personalization and intuitive functionality woven into the core HR system, our customers can enable their people to perform tasks easily and efficiently, in turn, boosting engagement and productivity for the benefit of the business."
Workday plans to deliver the new people experience features and toolset as part of Workday HCM in the second half of calendar year 2018.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the expected performance and benefits of Workday's offerings. The words "believe," "may," "will," "plan," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If the risks materialize or assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Risks include, but are not limited to, risks described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended July 31, 2017 and our future reports that we may file with the SEC from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website, or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features, and functions that are currently available.
© 2017. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
+1 (312) 315-8190